Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh My Gosh, Oh My Golly!!

March 22nd
Just before we went on our short holiday......the postman brought me a little box.....it turned out to be the surprise of my life!!

If you haven't seen the latest post on Lady ShuttleMaker's blog then you are missing a treat. Her skills never cease to amaze me. Now she is embedding tatting into her clay and making wonderful stuff....not just shuttles.

When I sent  Blathnaid the lady leprechaun to her for Christmas, I also sent her a few extra individual little shamrocks...like I put on the leprechauns belts.....and commissioned her to make a shuttle for me...ceramic...as that is what she did!

Little did I know that she was going to begin adventures with precious metal clay and make me droll over the fabulous shuttles that she would produce.

So inside the little box I expected to find a ceramic shuttle with shamrocks...even tho she hadn't told me that it was ready.....but she had told me that Blathnaid was planning a surprise for St Patrick's day. I expected High Jinks and photos on the web.

Can you imagine my utter surprise to open the box and find that she had sent me a gift of a shuttle, but no ordinary shuttle was this.....it was a silver shuttle.....and no ordinary silver shuttle (if there is such a thing!)....but a silver shuttle with the impression of my very own tatting!

Now how cool is that!!


Here is Blathnaid holding MY shuttle. She looks pretty pleased but not as pleased as I was to receive it.

No that's not tarnish, just the way the light was catching it.
It's unbelievable how you can see all the detail of my tatting.
Wow this is indeed a treasure.
Thank you so much my dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment